Monday, November 3, 2008

3.

Oh my God, day three, and already I'm talking about the weather.

But I have a good reason! It's a record-breaking 70 degrees in Chicago right now. And while it is lovely to feel warm air on my face, and to have the windows open to clear out dog smell (ever since one of my turd-y future brothers-in-law commented that my house smells like dog, I have been completely freaked out that he's right. To the point of asking everyone that comes over if they think he's right. So far he's the only one, but the Seed of Doubt and Self-Consciousness has been planted.), it also seems extraextra depressing, because we are really at the beginning of the interminably long Chicago winter, and this is just some cruel anomaly. So I jubilantly walk the dogs, free of sweaters and scarves and all the other cold-air miscellany, and then I look down at the ground at all the fall leaves and the reality sets in. Lies! I will be in front of the heater for the next six months!

But in more exciting news, Barack is going to be emailing my tickets to the rally tomorrow "by email, between 6 and 7 p.m." It all seems so covert, like I'm in on some big secret with him. Me and 49,999 other people.

I will post photos of the rally tomorrow. Provided I don't get trampled to death.

5 comments:

yeahdog said...

This totally feels like Obama rave. "The info line for the venue will be available from 6pm - 7pm"

Anonymous said...

No trampling-to-death at the Obama rave! I will be sending happy happy thoughts your way. After I get to my polling place at 7am. Ugh.

emily said...

I feel like I need to know a secret code to get in! Do you think they'll have those neon necklaces that you have to crack to get to light up? That'd be freakin' sweet.

Sharyn - boo! I voted early this time. Not like my vote even matters here in I-double-L.

yeahdog said...

I actually saw someone selling glow necklaces there tonight...

emily said...

HA! Did you buy anything from the street vendors? I had to break down and get one of those rally towels. Come on! It was a rally towel with Obama's face!