Sunday, November 2, 2008

2.

So, my b.f.f Barack Obama finally got back to me today, letting me know that I have a ticket to his Grant Park Rally Tuesday night, and while a part of me is super-excited to be a part of history and also to wear all my Obama flare, the Always-Assume-the-Worst-My-Cup-Is-Perpetually-Half-Empty part of me is absolutely terrified to be in the midst of either a jubilant victory or a crushing defeat. Either way, Chicago will probably riot. We're sort of like that scene in the "Blues Brothers," where the audience continues to throw bottles at Jake and Ellwood, even though they approve of their rendition of "Stand By Your Man."

Yeah. Exactly like that.

2 comments:

yeahdog said...

I do too! I'm going to pass out holding my breath waiting for the damned thing to pop up in my inbox...

emily said...

As soon as my clock hit 7:00, I was all, "Shit. I didn't get in. Barack forgot me!" Then at about 7:02 the email came. Totally awesome!