Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Signing out.

Ok, so I'm leaving work in a few minutes to take a half-day. This is due partly to the fact that I have a cold, so when I get home at night I pretty much lay on the couch until it's time to lay in the bed. I need to get some stuff at home done that I would normally do at night to make up for this. The other reason I'm leaving is my real boss (i.e., the only one that I really answer to here, although the others would like to think I answer to them, too) has been in London all this week attending Board meetings, and right now is probably finishing up a day of bashing around the merchants on Portobello Road. I am not needed in this office right now.

Nothing of any importance has happened this week, really. Like I said, lots of sacking out on the couch and complaining about Things I Can't Fix, like the cold weather and the snow. If there's no real reason to go out, we stay in, and it's got all of us (animals included) a little down.

Which is why Steve, and I are going to go down to my alma mater on Saturday. Steve's going to spend the day with his brother, playing video games and eating things Steve doesn't normally get when I'm around, like buffalo wings (I think they're too graphic). I'm going to see my former roommates (minus the one on the left....Kendra's in California working on a Masters/PhD at Berkeley), and have a good, old-fashioned sleepover. I want to go see my old haunts, like where I worked for 4 years, the coffee shop I used to frequent, and the houses I lived in (I lost my virginity in one - !!!). IF they're still there, which is a big "if" because they looked like they were going to fall over 4 years ago. I doubt Time has been kind to them.

Some other random things:

1) I cut my own bangs this morning, because I'm too broke to go to my hair salon. I don't think I did that bad of a job, if I do say so myself. Then again, Steve's the only one who's seen it, and he thinks everything looks "fine," so I am going to have to ask my mom and sister for the real answer.

2) Speaking of my mom and sister, last night they asked me if Steve and I would want to use my mom's mother's Art-Deco engagement ring to get engaged with. I love this ring. It's a square, recessed setting with little flowers all around, in white gold. I was just sort of taken aback by the question, I guess. A real ring makes things alot.....more real, I suppose.

3) While I'm on the subject of my man, right now he's at the heaviest he's ever been. 6'2" and 165 pounds! Pssh! But whatever, it still bothers him, and just now I got a text from him that read:

"770 calories in a box of DOTS?! I'm buying running shoes tonight."

Oh my, how the tables have turned.

1 comment:

EEK said...

It's always a blast to go visit your alma mater. I've always ended up going during football season, but an off-season trip is a good idea.