Friday, June 15, 2007

Oh, Technology...

Alright, so I'm not dying of some unidentifiable illness. Apparently my body's histamine has just decided it wants to come on out and party. Ok, sure!

So the doctor put me on some
antihistamine medication that so far has been working like a charm, although I have to take it 3 times a day, and it's seemed to have rendered me unaware of my whereabouts in the space-time continuum. Ok, then!

****

In other news, I bought myself
one of these today. It was time for a new phone anyways. I mean, I really enjoyed sticking the charger into my old phone and then very, very gingerly placing my phone on a level surface so it could actually accept a charge every night, but, you know, it was time to move on.

I thought I'd get a smartphone because my family, coworkers and friends seem to think that my Tried and True method of using several Post-It notes stuck on my wallet to keep track of myself wasn't so tried and true. Says them. But whatever.

Here's the thing though: the learning curve, for me, on this new phone is INSANE! I think I may have called three or four of my contacts when I put my phone in my purse, BECAUSE I COULDN'T FIGURE OUT THE KEYPAD LOCK. Synching my phone to my computer? What?

So I'm going tomorrow morning to a "workshop" with my cellphone company. Where I'll basically just sit there with a blank stare, pressing random buttons on my phone to look busy.

****

Apropos of nothing, a part of me still wishes I was on vacation.....


No comments: