I feel that I have nothing very worthy to tell you lately. The lazy, hazy days of summer are upon me, and I’ve also been knee-deep in finishing this book for my July book club, and it's a doozy, so when I’ve been free, that’s what I’ve been doing. I haven’t even taken any fun pictures lately, except this one of my fat cat, who recently discovered this corner that the wall and my desk make, where she can balance herself, sitting up, on her fat:
Some things, just because I really, honestly, have nothing else to tell you:
1) The new iPhone makes all of us gits with other smartphones look like we’re all carrying around the TI-83, on our way to 2nd period Algebra. My phone is only two weeks old, and all day today I’ve been looking at it with contempt:
“You’re not sleek enough."
"You’re not colorful enough."
"Your ad campaign sucks.”
My phone has decided to seek revenge by only having half-power now, at 4 p.m., even though it charged all night. Bastard.
2) The most beautiful water bottle in the world fell into my hands the other day:
By “fell,” I mean, “it was at the store and was so beautiful that I didn’t even think as I paid for it.” But really, it is beautiful. Even more beautiful with condensation all over it from cold water. And the mouth hole is the perfect size. So....take THAT, iPhone! You can do a lot of fun, interesting things in a beautiful way, but can you stylishly hold the beverage I need to survive???*
*It probably can.
3) Yesterday I was the only one in the office, so I took a doze in the file room.
There. I admit it. I’m glad to get THAT one off my chest.
4) I’ve been going home at lunch and working out on my oldie but goodie (seriously...we purchased it the summer before my freshman year of high school).
I know: madness. But I’ve been watching my Golden Girls DVDs while I do it, so I come back to the office in the afternoon, infinitely happier than I was in the morning.
5) This bag is turning out to be TBSBE:
For those of you not in the know of my addiction to purses, TBSBE stands for The Best Summer Bag, Ever. It’s HUGE, but slouches nicely when it’s on your arm so it doesn’t seem so big. It’s not that hard to find stuff in it, because the opening of the bag is so freakin’ large. I feel like Mary Poppins with her carpet bag. Sometimes, I even say, “Ah ha ha ha ha!” for effect. And the outer magnetized pocket is great for holding your phone. Washed corduroy tote, I sing your praises!
So, yeah. That’s it for me today. I’m sorry this entry is so lame. But the picture of Babe is pretty righteous, so take that for what you will.
Friday, June 29, 2007