Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Grumble grumble grumble....

I am in a Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad mood today. Which is in noooo way related to my man's complete ineptitude at being anything other than a grumbly Turd every workday morning. No, not at all.

****

Also, I'm feeling Funny and Vulnerable about sending out an invitation this morning for a Tupperware-ish party at my apartment at the end of June. It's actually for
The Body Shop, and it's a foot care party where we'll try on a bunch of scrubs and creams and stuff, which are actually wonderful and work really well, even on my cavewomanish, calloused feet. I love the stuff, but I still feel like I'm forcing my female friends to buy just by inviting them, which is a position I never want to put anyone in.

This is why I am sure that Sales would never have been a good career path for me, because I can't sell stuff for shit:

"Oh, are you interested in that? Well, yes, it is nice. But no pressure to buy it or anything. I mean, only you can say if you really need it.....so do you really think you need it? I mean, if you don't think you do, you know, you could instead take the money and do something more productive with it, like, for instance, donate it to a local charity! Don't you think that'd be more productive? I think so, too."

****

I also have Biker's Butt Soreness from riding my bike to and from work yesterday (which actually involves two trips to work and two trips home, since I walk my dog at lunch). And I had to peddle fast during the first trip to work, because I had planned to drive, but the car keys were missing (they ended up being in a drawer where NOTHING GOES. EVER). My boyfriend didn't have anything to do with that harrowing morning, either. Noooo, nothing to do with it at all....

****

So because I'm all disgruntled and annoyed, I keep on shutting my brain and imagining myself back on the shores of Lake Superior, picking up sea glass.



I also keep looking at this photo of my Man, because it reminds me why I'm with him and what a peaceful, grateful person he really is. Oh, and that he's a Hottie McHottington.


No comments: