Thursday, May 10, 2007

Keeping occupied.

Holy crap, this week has been insane. Every single night I've had something going on:

Monday - Tuesday: stayed at my sister's because Tuesday I attended a seminar in the 'burbs.

Wednesday: my sister had one of
these parties, which I normally would not enjoy, but I love the Body Shop, and they use all natural ingredients and don't test on animals nor buy anything from vendors who do, and blahblahblah....basically I spent alot of money to begin a "face care regime." And I'm having a party of my own where we'll test out the latest in foot care. Fabulous!

Tonight: the B.F. and I are going to go see
Daniel Johnston. We're totally exhausted from the week, but it's like a once-in-a-very-long-time chance to see him, so we're heading to Lincoln Park. We're going to the 7 p.m. show, though, not the late show, which is the show we would have gone to in our youth (you know, like 2 years ago).

Have you seen his movie? If not, oh my, you should. I really enjoyed it. Then again, I seem to always greatly enjoy documentaries about people that can't completely handle life, such as Henry Darger and Big and Little Edie Beale, so maybe that opinion is a little biased.

****

Speaking of biographical-type stuff, I started
this book this weekend. Please look past the fact that Kirsten Dunst is on the cover, because WHOA-HO-HO. The pomp! The circumstance! The intrigue! I haven't gotten very far - Marie's only 14 and about to be married to the Dauphin - but....wow. If I ever get depressed about how fickle and mean the human race can get, I just need to remember this book to realize that they've been that way for a very long time.

****

So anyways, I'v spent way too much time having fun and not staying home last weekend and this week that:

a) I actually have grown tired of shouting small talk over loud music to my friends at bars; and,

b) I have let my apartment fall into ruins.

I'll be recovered from "A" by this coming weekend, but I should probably get off this machine and try to make some sense of "B."

But not before I show you a picture of the Elvis impersonator that was at the taqueria across the street from my house at 12:45 a.m. last Saturday:



Yeah. I don't know why, either.

No comments: