Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Want my Lunchable?

This morning, I made Steve's lunch for him to take to work, because last night we did the math, and the man is spending about ten dollars a day eating out for breakfast and lunch in the Loop. A day. So I offered to make Steve's lunch for him, because even though I say my job sucks my soul right out of my body, I do have the luxury of going home for lunch every day. I also have a more selfish reason, which is that at some point in my life with Steve I would really enjoy to get that ring on my finger, and spending ten dollars a day on food isn't going to get us nearer to that goal.

There's really no point to this story, I guess, other than my Beloved complaining - COMPLAINING - that I put a peach in to his lunch bag. "Oh, I don't like peaches," he said. Sorry, bud. Sorry I tried to put something healthy in your lunch. You can go ahead and trade it on the playground for something you really want.

****

I'm sure you've all seen the recent
Mattel recalls. Since I am a doting aunt who enjoys buying alot of needless crap for her nephew, I scoured the recall list to see what was on it. Nothing that my nephew would be interested in, but it's too bad the Barbie and Tanner "scooper" playsets were on the list. Thousands of girls aren't going to have the chance to pick up Barbie's dog's plastic poop! So sad.

****

Time for me to head to lunch. And by "head to lunch," I actually mean:

- take car to service station so they can take the nail out of the tire;
- clean the bathroom;
- use the bathroom for
certain things I can only do in the comfort of my own home; and,
- wash dishes.

Sigh. I think I'd rather be trading peaches for Ho-Hos on the playground.

2 comments:

Jack said...

this post made me laugh out loud at work!

Patti said...

Dude, we both blogged about lunches today. How very Jungian of us!