Thursday, January 11, 2007

Procrastination.

I realized yesterday that my yearly goal - to get the Christmas tree down before the month of January is in the double digits - has, sadly, still not been achieved in 2007. Every year I make this goal for myself, and every year it ends up coming down at the end of January. Sometimes the beginning of February, like last year, although I don't count that year, because I spent most of January and February of Ought Six being a total shithead. For many reasons. And that's all I'm going to say about that.

Hopefully, though, I'll get the tree down tonight and tomorrow, since my parents are coming to visit Saturday afternoon. There is nothing like a mother's silent judgment to make you snap into shape and achieve your housekeeping goals.

No comments: