Thursday, January 25, 2007

One more reason I'm maintaining my "I don't swim in oceans or lakes" stance.



This
FrilledShark was found off the coast of Japan a few days ago. Apparently their natural habitat is so far down in the ocean that little is known about them, and this is the first one to be caught alive. Read the full story here.

I've
already spoken of my chronic and completely unfounded fear of Scary Things In The Water, and this is just one more creature that will probably trickle into my subconscious and make me wake up in a cold sweat in the middle of the night.

Yay.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That very fear, in a roundabout sort of way, is one of the reasons I have the kraken tattoo. And I don't even know *how* to swim! I just hang out in shallow indoor pools with the little man (while he has one on one swimming lessons). Also? The lake I grew up near always had "the itch" - not quite as scary as deep sea creatures, but annoying as all get out.