Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Flocked and fabulous.

I can't seem to get these guys out of my head. It stemmed from a conversation I had with Steve in the car on the way up to St. Paul, where I was sitting in the passenger seat, thinking about things, and I thought about those little flocked bears with country clothing that I used to have as a kid. I asked Steve if he remembered them (although I didn't know the name), and of course he didn't, because why would Steve know of any toy that didn't have buttons, beeps, or was named after famous artists? Yeah, of course not.

Well so, during a boring Friday at the old job, I was looking at Playmobil stuff - because it's awesome and I've always wanted some and when I was a kid it was too expensive (shit, it's too expensive for adult me, too) - and long story short, I found the little animals again. Apparently in the U.S. they're called Calico Critters of Cloverleaf Corner. Per usual, the Europeans are, indeed, more awesome.

Anyways, I haven't gone and bought anything, though, because I started off this year teetering on the brink of financial ruin, and I'm not very interested in going through that again. But I seem to get this sick thrill from looking at things I could potentially buy, and then! Then! Not buying them.

Such cheap thrills when you're broke.

****

I think I'll leave you with this. Just, well, because.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude, I've totally been on a kick lately, spending too much time looking at awesome shoes on Zappos that I can't afford right now and then not buying them. Sigh.

Hilary Jane said...

Dude, you've resurrected old memories! In my preschool we had these little toys and I loved them so much. Now I will spend at least an hour ogling them.

emily said...

Welcome to my last week, Panajane!

Jessie Mae said...

Oh wow! I had those when I was a kid too! I loved those..

Anonymous said...

we were just having a conversation about Sylvanian Families, because I had the beaver family and they lived in my miniature dollhouse. I, of couse, immediately went on eBay. Apparently, they are re-issuing them. Not that I need a family of flocked beavers, but...