Saturday, December 30, 2006

I like that I'll remember....

...that while the rest of the world was watching one more horrific, barbaric event in a situation that's been stupidly and sloppily handled, I was laying underneath my sister's Christmas tree with this guy, looking at ornaments and twinkling lights. He doesn't know how much his innocence comforted me.

There still is some goodness in this world.

I don't know what else to say, so I'll end this entry by using quotes from two men who did.

"The problem of power is how to achieve its responsible use rather than its irresponsible and indulgent use - of how to get men of power to live for the public rather than off the public." - Robert F. Kennedy

"I have always found that mercy bears far richer fruits than strict justice." - Abraham Lincoln

No comments: