Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Thanksgiving Re-cap.

It’s disgusting and rainy outside. Apparently our 60-degree weather is going to be leaving us after this rain, and is being replaced with snow and sleet. It’s sad to see this strangely nice weather leave, but I’m sort of excited about this, because I think it will make me feel more in the holiday spirit.

Speaking of holidays, I hope everyone had a lovely Thanksgiving. I was watching my boss’ dog from Wednesday to Sunday:



Don’t let that sweet little face fool you. This little lady is 5 ½ pounds of utter insanity. She’s adorable while she’s doing it, but she commands your attention. Puppies are an awful lot of work. As a result of this experience, I have concluded that I:

1) Am incredibly lucky to have Moj, who I got in July when he'd just turned 3, and thankfully had been taught proper Poo/Pee Etiquette by his former owner; and,

2) I should probably only consider getting adult dogs in the future, because I’m a softie (read: “wimp”) when it comes to disciplining puppies.

Every time the little girl would start to whimper in her cage or behind the baby gate in the kitchen, I’d eventually give in and let her out. She caught on that I was a softie pretty quick, and proceeded to spend the rest of the weekend walking all over me (figuratively and literally).

As long as we’re talking about dogs, I dropped Mojo off at the vet this morning to get neutered. Between my emotions at leaving my little guy there, and getting an estimate of about $375 dollars minimum for the procedure (!!!), I was a bit of a wreck when I left. Word on the street, though (“street” being the "vet") is that he’s doing great, walking around and such, and I can go pick him up as soon as his temperature is back to normal. Hooray! Hopefully this procedure will cure his incessant need to mark everything outside and inside my apartment, and the next time he goes to my parents’ house he won’t make sweetsweetlove to my parents’ dog.

I feel like I have 1,000,000 things to do, and no time to do them. This happens to me every December. I don’t think there’s one weekend this coming month where I don’t have something going on. Plus, I’m not sleeping well. Last night I was so exhausted that I snoozed during “A Charlie Brown Christmas,” which I’d been waiting ALL YEAR TO SEE. I think the sweet sounds of the Vince Guaraldi Trio lulled me right to sleep. And though I could just buy the DVD, or probably even watch the whole thing on YouTube, I sort of enjoy watching it on primetime television, because you get to see all the holiday commercials.


Last but certainly not least, how can I get a job like this guy’s? Or, more realistically, where can I land a sweet job making a pile of money so I could afford to buy one of his houses?

Sigh.

No comments: